Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014

Hola Familia/Amigos

Holy Cow! This week was full of so many exciting things going on!
It was pretty interesting! I’m not even sure where to begin!  And I’m
pretty sure I say that every week! However, this whole writing an email
thing has gotten kind of lame! No offense Mom! However it’s just not as
exciting as it used to be when I first got here in the Mission!
However, I will still tell you everything that went on this week! It
was pretty exciting and pretty crazy as well!

To start off, I should probably tell you all how different preparation day
is here in Vallejo! They don’t even have a full size basketball courts in the
gyms at church! So, we basically go to this park called "Dan Foley" where
we play some Football, Futbol (Soccer) and Ultimate Frisbee! I miss Santa
Rosa though, when it comes to P-Days! The competition was great and so
enjoyable! I was able to have a lot fun there and release a ton of
stress. Now I feel like I just can’t release all my stress that’s built up on
P-day! Looks like I’m going to have to find another way to do so here
in Vallejo!

Tuesday, we had another District meeting! I honestly
didn't quite feel it was necessary considering we just had one like 3
days earlier! However, the meeting we had went really well! We talked a
lot about how to teach people not lessons! The importance of
teaching the missionaries the importance of teaching to our
investigators level and helping them come unto Christ! Not just
teaching them so that we can say we taught a lesson! I know this is
one thing I could improve on as a missionary! The love we have for the
people here in this area is way more important than the number of
lessons we teach each week! As our investigators see the love we show
for them, they will begin to recognize the love our Savior has for
them as well!

Wednesday! We had exchanges with Elder Minkler, who was my 2nd
companion, and Elder Foster! I was able to go to Elder Minkler’s area
and work with him for the day! It was a lot of fun! Even though we
didn’t do a lot of contacting or teaching, because we did service
pretty much all day, then we tried to see some potentials! It was a lot
of fun! We were able to do service for a member here in Vallejo that I
had not met yet! He is super cool. He is about 60 years old and just had
neck surgery! He fell in love with me, kind of like Frank Pace! Luckily, I
was able to fix his sliding glass door that he told me many
people had come over to try and fix. No one knew what was wrong
with it! All I did was scrub the tract and put some WD40 on it! Now it
rolls like a champ!

Thursday is where the week begins to get a little wild! It also scared the life
out of me! I’m not quite sure what to really think,
however it was definitely not a great day! I visited a doctor for some
pain that I was having. I could hardly walk or lay down or do
anything to be honest! After visiting with the mission nurse she
told me to go see a doctor right away! So I did! Come to
find out I have a bladder infection or a urinary tract infection!
Definitely not fun, but definitely not something that will hold me
back from doing the Lords work! The medicine they gave me has begun to
kick in and it’s not as painful but when the meds run out! I’m pretty
much done for! I never realized how much medicine was or prescriptions
were until I had to pay from them!

Friday, we had to be up at 4 in the morning so we could be
at a giant service project at 5:00! This service project was probably the
best way to contact people as well as get our name out there since we
were there all day! We were able to help from 5 in the morning until 5
in the afternoon! It was pretty crazy! I had so much fun! This giant
service project that we did was for CDA! (California Dental
Association) They basically travel around and give away free dental
care. They do this every 6 months! At the end of a busy day of
service we were able to take home all of the bottles of water, and
also the Pop!

Saturday! We had weekly planning! We were able to get it all finished,
and then also had the opportunity to return and help clean the
entire CDA fair! It was so enjoyable! I was able to run and handle a fork
Lift, and move a whole bunch of pallets. I pretty much loaded an
entire trailer all by myself! It was so enjoyable to be able to
actually do some hard manual labor! ha ha

Sunday, we didn’t have any of our investigators come to church! They
weren’t quite able to make it! However, they’re still planning on making
it for there baptismal dates coming up in the next few weeks! We also set
a new baptismal date with a new investigator that we found! We are
hoping to be able to help her progress and be baptized this transfer
as well! She told us after we shared the Restoration with her, that it
was true! That she believes that it is true and that God truly did
restore his church through a Prophet!

Well that’s my week in a glimpse! I hope you can understand it all! I
love you all!

I do want to let you all know that I am starting a new diet!
So...
*****With my new diet! Please do not send me any soda or any
candy or any junk food, or gift cards to anywhere! If you are wanting
to send me something please send cash, or send my Mom a check so she can
deposit it for me. I love getting packages from you, but am trying to eat better!!
I truly appreciate you guys and all the love and support you give me!!!*****

Love you all!
Love,
Elder Albertson


 Just Loving the Ocean!!


 Me and Elder Dunlap
 Biking through the Beautiful hills of Santa Rosa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment