Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 27, 2015

Hola Familia/ Amigos

Well this has been quite the week! From seeing miracles in
missionary’s, to transfer doctrine, to having to
deal with some thugs on the streets of Woodland, it’s been a great week.
 So let me give y'all the low down on the entire week. It will probably be a
long email due to the fact I need to include all the details so I
won't ever forget this week on my mission!

So I'm just going to start by telling the entire story about having to
deal with these Cholos/Gangsters that live here in the city of
Woodland! It all began with last Sunday night (4-19-15) when
two bikes were stolen from our patio! We woke up the next morning
wondering what happened to our bikes when I had to let Elder Jeske and
Elder Blaylock know that their bikes had been stolen. You can all
imagine how upset we were that their dang bikes had been taken. So, we
immediately called the police, had an officer come over to the
apartment and we filed a police report. We were missing a $300 Fuji
Mtn. Bike, as well as a $750 GT 29er.

We immediately decided that we would just keep our eyes open, and try
to find these bikes if we could.

Wednesday morning after waking up to a pounding on our front door, I
opened it to an old man standing at the front door, telling us that
his bikes had been stolen from his upstairs balcony that night as
well. We also were made aware that our neighbor’s car and truck
were broken into, and that they stole everything. We then knew that our
apartment complex was "Under Attack"! This really frustrated us, and
made us upset.

Later that day, as we were on our way home from doing some service, we
felt inspired to go home a certain way. As we were driving home
through some pretty sketchy areas, we kept our eyes peeled and
looking for any signs of the bikes. As we drove past the real ghetto
we both looked to the left at the same time. Elder Jeske and I saw
a Blue and Black Fuji. Exactly the same kinds of features and details
that elder Blaylocks bike had. Immediately I knew it was his bike. We
got out and approached the front door to knock and see if anyone was
home. We could hear people inside so we knocked even louder.
Eventually some crack and meth addicts opened the door, and we very
politely asked them if they knew where the bike came from. They all
tried to tell us that they bought the bike in Davis like 2 or 3 months
ago. Immediately I explained to them that they were lying and that it
came from my back patio 3 nights ago. I then explained to them we
could do things the simple and easy way, or we could do it the hard
way! Which would have included us calling the police, and getting the
law enforcement involved. Right when I said the words police, and law
enforcement this scruffy looking guy came out from the back, where he
had a welding shop, and told us that if its stolen he didn't want it
anywhere near where he was. He told us we could just grab the bike and
go! He than asked for the details of the other bike, and said he would
keep his eyes open, and help us find it.

So then after having Scruffy John on our side, we were getting text
messages all week about different bikes that were showing up, and how
we needed to come over and check them out to see if it was the GT we
were looking for. It was super cool to know that he was willing to
help us all out.

We also got some details from John that he knew who had stolen our
bikes, and that we should confront them about it! So Thursday evening
we get a call from John, that the little crony who we thought stole our
bike, was at the house. We were just walking in the apartment, so we changed
our clothes into regulars and got back into the car, all 4 of us, and
headed over to the house. As we were almost arriving at the house we
noticed these 2 cronies were chilling on the side of the curb smoking
some dope. As I pulled up to the curb I threw the car into park, and
all four of us jumped out real quick, I have never seen two homies get
up, and be ready to fight faster in my life. As I introduced myself to
the both of them, I asked this kid Alec, "Where the
fetch is my bike?" He then got really scared, and timid to say
anything, as I continued to get a response from him, his friend
Dillon began to become quite the loud mouth. I couldn't even get
anything answered because the fact they were on drugs and couldn’t sit
still and do anything. They wanted to fight us so bad, it's a good
thing we were all missionaries, and our mission has changed us,
otherwise I'm pretty sure those boys would have gotten a whooping!
After realizing that we weren't going to get anywhere, and that
calling the police wasn't going to help either due to the fact that
we had no proof they stole the bike, we took off back to the
apartment. Had a wonderful night of sleep, with dreams of getting the
other GT bike back.

Friday is when John began to realize he thought he found our bike. He
was sending us emails, and had pictures of bikes. Friday we also went
to pass by the house, and noticed as we drove by, that another Hispanic
gangster came running out after us with a Golf club. I have no idea
what his plans were, because we were in a vehicle. I looked at Elder
Jeske though and asked him if we should drive by again, and let the
guy hit our car with the golf club, because then we could call the
police and get him locked up. It was tempting but Elder Jeske
talked me outta it!

We also found a house that had been locked down where a bunch of
homeless people had been hanging out. When we found the house all
boarded up but decided that it was free game, to make
entry and find our bike in the back. After grabbing a huge piece of
plywood and some 2X4’s that I threw to the side. We made entry. Walking
around and kicking down a few doors to truck campers to make sure
there was no sign of our bike. We decided to get out. Ha ha it was a
good experience, though cause we new immediately that we should be
checking there for the bike as well.

Saturday during the day we decided we were going to go check it out
once more. When we drove by the same guy started swearing at us and
telling us to get the “bleep” outta here. We noticed though that one of the
older gentles bike was there. As the Hispanic came out with a metal
rod this time, we drove off, and went back with the older gentle so we
could get his bike. It happened to be gone. At the time though we
noticed that they had started to build a fence, so that we could see
what kind of bikes they were hiding in the back. It was getting
suspicious at this point.

So here is Sunday the day that we should probably be worried about the
most. It's crazy because the day we didn't think we would find the
bike the most, God happened to put it right into our hands. As we were
driving home from my Sunday night meeting as a District Leader, we
were about to cross Main St. when 2 guys on bikes came around the
corner, and right when they did, we knew it was Elder Jeskes bike! We
flipped a quick U-Turn, began to follow as well as call the Police. As
we were on the phone with the police, they kept telling us that it was
going to be 15 or 20 minutes before they showed up, and that we should
quite following them. Can you believe that? We had a baseball bat in
the back seat of our car, and we were so close to dealing with the
entire situation by ourselves, but the Spirit made sure and told us
not to.

The man on the bike happened to get away however, his buddy who was
on a beach cruiser, we were able to keep up with! We finally gave up
after he chased us with what we thought was a gun in his hand, but we
aren't positive.

We went back to where it all began and met with a police officer. We gave
him all the details and let him know where we last saw it! He said he
would keep his eye open, and try and look for it for a while. When
we were driving away I looked back after the officer had given us
advice to drive through the area one last time to try and find the
bike or see it, so we could let him know. Believe it or not the officer just drove the
opposite way. I was so ticked. Cops don't do anything when it comes to
stolen bikes. I thought it was so disrespectful.

While driving back through the area, we were approached by a very large
Black man, and a Hispanic man who was his friend. They began to
get quite mouthy with us, and I got mouthy with them right back. We
told him straight up that his friend was riding our stolen bike! We
showed him a picture and he immediately gained respect for us. He told
us his buddy bought the bike from a Black man who had stolen it,
for a $100. I told the guy we would give him the $100 dollars back if
we got the bike. We walked to this man's apartment, and 30 seconds
later came Elder Jeskes bike around the corner! I told the huge
Hispanic we didn't have the money, but to give us the bike, and we would
be back later with the cash! We didn’t really intend to give him money for a
bike he had stolen from us!

He began to call and text us and threatened us that we didn't know who
we were messing with and a ton of other stuff! He also mentioned tons
of times that he knew where we lived, so we felt it was necessary to
sleep at some other missionaries apartment! Most importantly
is the fact that we got the bike back, took it out to the Souza
families home! Where it is nice and safe!

This past week has made me realize and be so upset that I got
transferred from Rio Vista. I am now 3 for 4 when it comes to finding
stolen bikes! The only one that I haven't found is my own Cannondale.
I am so upset about that. However I can’t do very much at this point!

Well there you go! There is the entire story about losing and finding
the bikes here in Woodland! Other than all of that we had a decent
week. However, that definitely took the majority of my weekly email
because the fact that I will always need to remember my days of when I
began to realize that being a cop is the best fitting job for me! Ha ha

Other than all of this crazy stuff that happened, we had a pretty good
week! Friday we got transfer doctrine and I found out that I am going
to be finishing my mission here in the city of woodland! I am so
excited! This is a great city, and a wonderful group of people.

I am very excited to find that last person or family that God has kept
me here in the city for me to find teach, and hopefully baptize. It is so
crazy for me, to think sometimes, that my time is coming to an end.
However, I hope that I will be able to keep my focus and finish strong!
I love you all. Please keep me in your prayers, that we will be able
to have safety but also work hard and finish strong!

Also if you could all keep my loving older sister in your prayers as
well that would be great! Love you all!

Elder Albertson

No comments:

Post a Comment