Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 20, 2015

Hola Familia/Amigos

Wow this has been quite the crazy week, full of tons of great things
that we had going on! We are so excited for this area, and know that
we are going to see a miracle here soon! This week made me feel a
little trunky though because of the service opportunities that we had
this past week! It's also been a really good week, full of prayer, and
fasting! I am so thankful for Prayer and Fasting.

On Monday we had Super fun day! For P-Day we took ourselves out to the
city of Winters to play some good ol’ softball! Wow, I didn't realize
how weak my shoulder has gotten throughout my mission, until I threw a
line driver straight from 2nd base to the home plate to throw a runner
out coming from 3rd. Definitely got there in time, but my shoulder was
pretty sore after releasing that ball from my hand. Rehab is gonna
have to be a part of my life again when I get home. That's a fact. We
played against the Davis zone and put a flat out whooping on them. We
staked out hitting line up, so we had a home run every 4 batters. Talk
about grand slams, it was a ton of fun!

After P-Day we had some wonderful lessons. The best thing though, is that we
had dinner with the Baez-Cortez family. Just us 4 elders, and they
talked us into a small karaoke night. We had a blast and really got on
good terms with this less active family. Hopefully through our efforts
they will be back with us as soon as possible.

We also taught a great lesson with a part member family here in
Woodland. Denise is super tight she is a daughter of a member, who has
a 2 year old baby boy who is my best friend. He always sits by me, and
talks to me. It's so cute. I understand Kamryn and Abe now, why you
desire a child so strongly. However our lesson with her went super well, we made our focus a lot on just the importance of Coming to know God for herself. We really focused on the importance of gaining that testimony before we go any further with her! It was great! 

Tuesday was a very interesting day all around. My district meeting happened to go super well! Even though I had completely forgotten that I was even a district leader until Tuesday morning when my Sister Training Leader who is in my district called and asked if there was anything she could help me teach for district meeting! I was just like oh shoot! Here we go, winging it like a champion! My Zone leader at the end told me it went super well. For that I know that the Spirit truly will help us out in times of need! That's why it’s so important that we constantly strive to have the spirit be with us.  

I had the opportunity to go on exchanges on Tuesday as well! It was a lot of fun! Especially with Elder Delgado as my Zone Leader! It brought me back to our good old days in the city of Vallejo! We talked about a lot of things, and he was pretty convinced that I was going to be Zone leader my last transfer until I talked him out of it! I would love that experience, but I just feel with my last transfer there is no reason to put me into that calling for only 6 weeks and then for me to go home. It wouldn't help the mission. It kinda reminded me back to the days when I was in Vallejo with Elder Delgado and Elder Carrillo had to choose who was going to be Zone Leader between the two of us and I told Elder Carrillo I would rather stay as a district Leader. It’s all a learning experience though! 

Wednesday was a super fun day! We had the opportunity to do a blitz for the Spanish Elders and the 2nd ward English elders! It was a ton of fun. Elder Choffin and I had the opportunity to be able to work together on the blitz! It was so much fun, and we got to talk a ton about our plans and how we are going to help each other in every way stay active in the church and stay outta trouble with girls! Not that I am worried, but you never know, that will be a time in my life that Satan will strive to destroy me. 

I had the chance that evening to be able to do my first Baptismal interview for the Zone Leaders investigator who ended up being baptized Saturday evening! He is 13 years old, and his uncle is the Bishop of the 2nd ward here in Woodland! They are currently working with his Mom, and hoping that her watching her son bet baptized will help her over come her addictions so that she can be baptized in the upcoming weeks!  

Thursday was super fun! It reminded me of being in Seattle with Grandpa Dean working on his Ranch! We went out to the Woodland stallion station. It was a ton of fun cleaning up the tracks there! We really worked our rear ends off! The entire zone was there, and we all worked in the heat for 4 hours with shovels, wheelbarrows and racks. Picking rocks from the trails. I can’t believe how sunburned I got. I couldn't even button up my top button because my neck hurt so bad! However, I have kept it from peeling.  

Friday was a super fun night! We spent the entire night out at the Souzas family’s home! It was a ton of fun! I love that family so much, and they have the cutest little boys! We had such a wonderful dinner and then we even cooked smores over the BBQ because their campfire didn't work at the moment.

Saturday was a super good day for our area as well! We started the day off with a Blitz in our area and were able to see something like 200 formers and potentials that day! It was a ton of fun! I love Elder Choffin he is such a stud, and we were able to be together once again. 

Saturday night we had the Baptism of King who was the 13 year old boy that I had the chance to interview. He is such a good kid, and is so nice. He also is super excited to serve a mission! 

All is going well here in the Woodhood! I hope all is going well with you all at home! Keep praying for Kamryn and Abe! Also pray that I will finish my mission here in the city of Woodland! I love it here so much! 

Love, 

Elder Albertson

No comments:

Post a Comment