Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 25,2013

Hola Familia/Amigos

This week has been quite the interesting week! Just so you know you’re lucky your getting an email! Thanks to Elder Debora, he is making me write an email today, because I am just not in the mood to write! We had a lot of great things happen though, but also some scary and not so good things happen as well! Lets start off by asking.. “How many of you check the national weather? Or check the weather in my mission?” Well we made it on the National Weather Watch! At least that’s what we heard from President Alba! We had kinda a slow week when it comes to teaching lessons and such, however we did do a lot of great things other than Teaching lessons! Which will still plant seeds, which is still considered Missionary Work! Well, Lets get started!

On Thursday we had a crazy storm come through Sonoma! Taking down trees, knocking us off our bikes, while trying to ride home, losing power for hours on end! Luckily none of my food went bad in the fridge because I have no money for food whatsoever! Ha Ha.  So let me tell you how this all came to be. On Thursday we were heading towards the church to do some online work, and it was a little windy but nothing too bad! Definitely a struggle getting up the hill to the Church! We made it! However, when we left the house it was warm, so none of us brought our jackets thinking it would be fine until after dinner, then we would get out jackets! When we walked out of the church to head to the family Alvarados for dinner, It was Windy and Cold, and Dark blue thunder Skies! We all looked at each other, and said "FOOD or Warmth?" Of Course being missionaries we all were like, "Forget this, we’ve got a dinner to get to!" Hopped on our bikes and rode 3 miles to get to dinner! Clear across town! After Dinner with Javier and his wonderful family, we made our way back to the house for the night! We were stuck inside because when riding back, it was knocking us off our bikes, we couldn’t even ride straight! Throwing branches from trees our way, or taking leaves and making a tornado with them! Also, we had lost all power! We all prayed and decided it would be best we stay inside all night! Power was out all night, I even had to shower in the dark the next morning! Rough life I know!

On Friday, we had the Opportunity to eat with my investigator, who you have all heard so much about! Socorro! I cannot explain my love for her, and Alvin! They are absolutely amazing, I can see why missionaries hate transfers. I hope Sonoma, will be my 6 month area, but at the same time, I hope I get transferred just so I can get outta my Greenie Area and see what the rest of the mission is like! Socorro made the best meal I think I have had here in Sonoma yet! Well besides Hermano Morenos Tacos de Papa! They are so good! However these enchiladas that Socorro made for all 7 of us, were so good! It was my second time eating them, and I cannot explain how good they are! It’s actually making me hungry just writing about this dinner that we had! So anyways, they were Enchiladas de Michigan. She is originally from the State of Michigan, and when they make Enchiladas, its literally just a Giant Pile of food on top of Tortilla shells! And you eat it all with your fingers! Its so good! I ate 2 huge plates of it! Absolutely amazing!

Sunday was kinda a rough day! We all woke up late, except we were still up before 6:30 we just didn’t get up at 5:30 so we could all shower in time and make it to our early morning Meetings at 7:00. So we decided we would send 1 representative from each companionship! Elder Minkler was already in the shower so he went from our companionship! We decided that day, after talking with the Bishopric that we are going to continue doing what we are doing, in teaching Socorro, and pray that she will soon be ready to enter the waters of Baptism! I look at our situation with this young sister and see it now as a learning experience! One of patience and understanding that we are on the Lord’s timeline.

The mission truly is full of learning experiences! As soon as you learn one thing, here comes another. I am absolutely loving the time I am here! I cannot explain how much my mission already means to me! It is something I will cherish for the rest of my life! I’m not sure if I have mentioned this but I have finished 1 complete journal! So if you guys would like I could use a few more journals so that I don’t run out!  I don’t ever want to forget this experience which is why I probably save way too many things, but I guess I will decide that when I get home!

I love you all! And hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Try not to eat too much!

Love,
Elder Albertson

Ps: Dad Thank you for the Ensign! I was actually going to email asking for you guys to send me one! Than it just showed up on the Front door!  It’s great! They are treasured like gold too!
















No comments:

Post a Comment