Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 2, 2015

Hola Familia/ Amigos

     Wow! It's been a lot of fun this past week! I have learned a ton, and
feel like I am continuing to grow each day I live in the mission. This
past week I really learned a lot about myself, and how much service
means to me and how it will be one of the biggest attributes
throughout my life.
     We spent pretty much the entire week, chopping rounds of fire wood, and
had to cut enough to fill a utility trailer, as well as an 8 foot pick
up bed. It was very exhausting however the reward was so great when we
loaded it all up, and drove up to the Indian reservation and unloaded it
all for the members of the tribe up there. We got a call from Camp
Liahona Sunday night, and they told us that they that had the highest
attendance in church that they had ever had. So many members were so
thankful that they felt they needed to go and share their testimonies about the

missionary force, and how important we are to the members. It really
meant a ton to me, and was a wonderful experience to see how much joy
came to all of their faces when we pulled up with loads of wood, so
that they could heat their homes.

     Friday evening we got transfer doctrine which was interesting. I was
pretty set on the fat that I was going to be getting transferred to
Lake County and serve in an area in the mountains called Clearlake.
However, when we got the transfer doctrine I found out that I am going
to be headed to Woodland in a Spanish branch again! I am super
excited to be speaking Spanish again. I don't know too much about Woodland,
but I have heard a lot of good things about the Spanish branch there, but
I have also heard some not very good things. I am going to go there with a
good attitude and work super hard! I've heard it can be a super hard area.

    I am going to truly miss Sebastopol. This area and Rio Vista have been
the best thing for me in my life. I have learned more than I could
imagine, and have changed so much in the last 4 or 5 months! I can
definitely see why the Lord put me, as a Spanish speaking missionary
in English areas. There were people I needed to teach, but also
because there were lifelong lessons I needed to learn.

   Well things here in Sebastopol are coming to an end. It's sad to see me
go, however I am very excited to move to the next area where our
Heavenly Father wants me to serve.

    Last night we had a huge party with the Johnson family, and the Long
family who we are teaching. It was so much fun! It was a great bonding
moment for them all. I really feel like family here. It's been crazy
how my mind has been telling me lately that California is home now.

I love you all! Thank you all so much for your support!
Love,
Elder Albertson

No comments:

Post a Comment