Monday, October 6, 2014

September 29, 2014

Hola Familia/Amigos 

     So as many of you know, last week I received a new companion as my other companion Elder Alcivar is taking a small break from missionary work! However, I miss Elder Alcivar a lot! He was literally my brother. Luckily my new companion Elder Akhmetov has been great! He is learning the area really well! Today will be my last day with him, because tomorrow is transfers and we will both be headed to Santa Rosa early in the morning! However, I know we will serve together again! He is super chill! Elder Akhmetov is also going to be a trainer! Ha ha He will do great as a trainer as well! They are also getting a car, so that will be really good for this area!! 

     Well I don't really have much to say about this past week! It has been my last week here in Vallejo! Everyone is doing super well! We had 3 investigators at church on Sunday! La Familia Ramos was able to make it, and they absolutely loved it! They are already telling members that they will be getting baptized on the 25th of October! I am super excited for that! Also I hope I will be able to come back for the Baptism because my new area is super close! If not though I am pretty sure that I will be able to Skype in for that baptism! Which will be super cool as well! 

     It has been super hard to have to say goodbye to so many great people! It surprises me so much how fast you can gain a relationship with all these wonderful members that you serve throughout your mission! It’s incredible! I truly am going to miss so many of them, and am definitely going to have to come back to visit them all as well! 

     This Area here in Vallejo has treated me very well! However, on Friday we were able to receive what we call transfer doctrine, which is where we find out where we are going! I am headed to a small little city, called Rio Vista! I will be serving the people there, and loving them as well! I am very excited. It was super hard for me at first to accept why I was going to what a lot of missionaries call the Island! Because it is out in the middle of nowhere! However, as I prayed and asked fervently, so that I could understand why! I have a great feeling of peace now about my calling! 

Rio Vista is going to be a little bit of a different situation! It is a very small english branch, where there used to be a Spanish companionship, as well as an English one! However, now that the missionary work has slowed down out there, or something happened, they decided to close both the Elders area and put sisters! I believe it was because some of the Elders were a bit disobedient! The Sisters that were there, we not really teaching anyone accept for people on Facebook! So overall the area is struggling! However that doesn't really bother me, because I am going to work very hard, and get that area back to where it should be! I will be in what they call a Zebra, which means there is a companion who speaks Spanish and English! This way we can teach in both languages! However, my goal is to get that area back to the point where we can have an English companionship, and a Spanish one as well! I am very excited about this new calling that I have! 

That's about all I have for you this week! I love you all so much! Thank for your support and for all the prayers on my behalf.

Love you all!
LOVE, 
Elder Albertson 

PS: Also Here is my New address for Rio Vista! 
Elder Albertson
301 S. 4th St. Apt. C

Rio Vista, CA 94571

No comments:

Post a Comment