Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 23, 2015

Hola Familia/ Amigos

     Wow! This week seemed like it was taking forever to go by, but now looking back at things, I don't even know where it all began, let alone where it went! However it has been a wonderful week. I absolutely enjoyed it all. 

     Elder Jeske, my new companion, who I have quite a history with here in the mission, is absolutely amazing. We have enjoyed our time so much so far. It's been great.  We’re working hard and having fun! We served around each other in Santa Rosa when Elder Jeske was actually a greenie! In other words I watched him be born into the mission. Then we served around each other in Vallejo! I was actually his district leader for a transfer and we had some wonderful exchanges. Now we are together here in Woodland!!  

     I do have a few words for my Father, as well as my Brother-n-law! I am not happy with either of you right now. At this moment March Madness is going on, and I am not getting updated about any of this! However, just so you all know, GO ARIZONA WILDCATS! 

     Alrighty let's see how the week went! To begin let me start off by telling you all how much fun P-Day was last week. We played so good hardcore basketball. It was amazing. We found a city rec center here in Woodland that is free to play at and a ton of people from all over the area come to play ball! We played some people from Sacramento, Davis, Woodland, and even Roseville last week! It was so much fun and very competitive. It was really intense. I had a ton of fun and got a lot of exercise. Never have I been able to just full on ball like I was in high school throughout my mission! It was awesome! 

    Monday night was absolutely just crazy because the fact that Elder Long had to pack his bags. We then spent the night flying around our area, trying to visit all of the members, and investigators that he wanted to say goodbye to before he took off Tuesday morning! It was super sad for both of us especially when we were at the Luna families home having to say goodbye. The good thing though is that he will be on Skype when we baptize the Luna family here in 2 weeks! We are super excited! Please keep them in your prayers that they will make it! 

     Speaking of keeping people in your Prayers, can you all remember to pray for my brother Eric Long who lives in Sebastopol. He is on day 12 of no smoking, got married on Saturday and will be getting baptized this Saturday! I love him so much. He is definitely one of my brothers who I know I came on my mission to find and teach, an watch get baptized. I am so excited for Eric. Heavenly Father truly has been answering my prayers. 

     Tuesday was a day full of chaos. With transfers and everything it was absolutely crazy. We had a lot of fun. I was with Elder Shen all day. He is super funny and super laid back! We decided that we were going to give my bike a new paint job, which we did! It went super well.  We did this while waiting for the other missionaries to come back from transfer meeting! My bike has absolutely been changed forever! It looks so good. I am even considering selling it for a $150 or so.  

    Elder Jeske and the rest of the elders didn't even show up here in Woodland until 6:30 that evening. If was stressful because we had splits with the some members that evening. We had some very important lessons to teach that night that we couldn’t miss. Luckily when they got back we grabbed them and ran like crazy. We had a super successful night that evening. It was awesome.  

    I can't express how excited I am for this transfer! It is going to be so much fun! The rest of the week didn't go as well as we planned for it to go. However that's pretty common when it's week one of a new transfer, because you’re just constantly trying to get everything reorganized, get used to the area, and such. However it didn't go as bad as I thought it was going to. 

     Friday we had a wonderful district meeting. It was so weird to be teaching a district meeting once again. However I really enjoyed it. More importantly though I think my district enjoyed it as well and I know they will learn to love it even more. We are going to have such a good time because everyone in my district is absolutely awesome, and such great missionaries, that I don't feel like I am really going to have to do much except for teaching the district meetings. I am so very excited for everything! 

    We had some super good lessons with the Luna Family. They keep coming to church and are progressing so well. We are so excited that they are ready to take the step to be married as well. And they plan to take the step of baptism on April 11th! 

    Everything is going super well here in Woodland! I am enjoying my time so much and am very thankful for everything I have learned these last 2 years on my mission, and continue looking for more opportunities to learn! 

Thank you all so much for you support! I hope all goes well!

Mom, and MaKaul I am very sorry that this is late, however FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!!! 

Love you all! 
Elder Albertson  



No comments:

Post a Comment