Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January 19, 2015

Hola Familia/ Amigos

    Well, first off, let me tell you this has probably been the trunkiest
week of my mission! We went camping, and got to work out in the
woods, stay the night, and everything! It was so much fun. I really
enjoyed it, and it made me realize how much I miss the outdoors! Ha ha
No worries though, I'm still working hard.

     I am also a firm believer that I found the perfect Senior couple
mission for Mom and Dad when they get to that age! It’s at Camp Liahona!
Mom could be in charge of making sure the cabins stay up to date and
all, and then dad could be in charge of making sure the entire camp
grounds stay nice an up to date. I know Mom and the word camping don't
get along too great, however don't worry Mother you would be living in
a very nice cabin! I think you would love it!

     This week has been a lot of fun. We were able to finally all agree on
dropping some of our investigators if they weren't progressing at the
moment. Our teaching pool died quite quickly, however we all have
faith and know that we will be receiving the blessings by showing our
faith that we will find new investigators.

     This service project that we have been going to out on the ranch has
been so much fun. However it has been causing me a lot of pain in my left
knee. The other day I jumped from a horse that was going crazy to a 3 rail
Fence, and when I went to land my right knee buckled and gave out on me.
Man! it hurt so bad, however I just thought it wasn't a big deal. Well, still to this day it
is causing me a lot of pain. Other than that though I am really
enjoying my time and working hard.

     This last Friday we had a wonderful trip planned. We cover the largest
area in the mission and we have an Indian reservation as part of our
area. Almost the everyone on the reservation was active members at one point, but
have been less active for years so none of their children are members. We
only have the chance to go up there once a month so we traveled up there
Friday afternoon. It's about a 2-hour drive. We spent the day in
Guerneville. We then traveled to camp Liahona where we stayed the
night, and spent the evening talking with Elder an Sister Hull who are the
senior couple up there that work with the reservation members as well.

    They hold a sacrament meeting at camp Liahona for the members who live
up there. It was quite the expereince to stay the night at camp
Liahona, wake up Saturday morning and spend the morning doing service
for the camp. It was a ton of fun. Then we spent the day teaching
lessons at the reservation. I feel kinda bad for the people at the
reservation, their tribe is kind of falling apart, an dying slowly.

     It was probably the most fun I’ve had on the mission for a while.
The drive up was absolutely amazing. We took so many good pictures, and
saw some great views. I absolutely loved driving up highway 1 all the way.
Tons of fun!

     Saturday night while at a member’s house I had the opportunity to Skype
in on another baptism in Rio Vista! Liza was baptized an entered into
the covenants of baptism with her Heavenly Father! I was so happy to
be able to be a part of that. It meant so much to me.

Hope this emails finds you all well. Things are great! I love and miss you all!


Love,
Elder Albertson
Drive up Highway 1.  Such beautiful views!!

No comments:

Post a Comment