Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 12, 2015




Hola Familia/ Amigos 

     Well this has been one of the greatest weeks of my mission in the past little while! I found out that Liza is going to be getting baptized this weekend so I will hopefully be able to get permission from President Alba, to Skype in for that baptism! It is so amazing to know that people I have worked with are getting baptized and taking that step to prepare themselves to enter into the presence of our Heavenly Father. 

     This last Monday was super fun! I always love P-Day because it truly is the day where we can let a lot of stress out, and be able to prepare ourselves for the next week to come. Basketball is always so intense here in Santa Rosa, however I have to admit my body is really starting to fall apart. I feel like this whole working out once a week just isn't quite cutting it for me. 

     Last Tuesday after district meeting we were able to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. It was quite interesting. Elder Haynie is a pretty sick dude. We were able to do a lot of service for a member here in the Ward who lives on a Dairy Farm! We were removing and putting up new tin roofing. It was a lot of fun. Before we left he allowed us to milk a cow! Wasn't that quite interesting? 

     That evening we were able to meet with an investigator for the first time since I have been here in Sebastopol. His name is Eric long, and his fiancé and mom are members of the church. He has been investigating for quite awhile, but he just has always kind of put the missionaries in a situation they didn't know what to do with. In this lesson we laid the law down with him. He is now progressing so much! 

     We were able to meet with Eric Wednesday and Friday as well. On Sunday when he was at church I felt a spiritual prompting to ask him how long he has been with his current girlfriend! The answer was something like 10 or more years! I then talked to Eric and he told me he was ready to take whatever step he needed to take to be baptized. I then told him to get married on the 24th of January! Well the miracle is the fact that last night, Eric took his girlfriend out to the river, and proposed to her last night. The wedding is in the works! I am so happy! I am definitely realizing that our Heavenly Father has a plan for everything. I am in Sebastopol for a reason!  

     We are so excited and we have so many people who are already willing to help us out. He is doing so well, Eric and I are like best friends! I love the man! 

     Friday night while in exchanges I had brother Swank with me, and elder Young and Elder Green were teaching another investigator who fasted this past week with us for an answer. He accepted a Baptismal date! We are seeing so many miracles right now! It's amazing! We are so excited.  

     This past week we did a ton of service as well! I swear during my mission I have used every single trade that I learned before the mission. We found a rancher who desperately needed some help. We were able to tear down about 100 feet of 3-rail fence and then put new poles in and then replace the rails as well. It was a ton of fun. We are going to continue to help them and hopefully their hearts will be softened from the service we do. 

    We also saw a great miracle Sunday after church. We were driving down a dirt lane trying to find a less active, and as we drove past a couple working in their garage, I simple just rolled the window down an asked them if we needed any help. Long story short, I ended up talking with them both about so many things. He found out my bike been stolen an offered me his Specialized stump jumper full suspension. He is super nice, immediately invited us over for dinner, and we were able to talk with him. He just quit going to a church because he didn't like it. It was a huge miracle. Definitely the spirit spoke to me about talking with this couple! It was amazing! 

    Overall we had a wonderful week! I am supper happy right now, enjoying my time, and working hard! 

    Love you all and thank you all so much for your support and prayers! 


Love, Elder Albertson 

No comments:

Post a Comment