Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014

Hola Familia/ Amigos

  Well, this week definitely has had it’s good times and bad times! Ha
Ha! You will see! The fact that I do not even know where to begin
should give you a little bit of a fright! Nahhh! Just kidding, overall
this week was great! I am so happy to be here in Santa Rosa!
Especially, just overall in the mission! As some of you may know that
the first Sunday in February, the leaders of the church asked all of
the state of California to fast for rain! Well sure enough, we fasted
for rain, and now I am just wishing for a day when I can see the sun
again!

   Monday the entire zone went to the beach. However, Elder Dunlap wanted
to stay behind and go to the Petersen Lane building to write letters and
shoot some hoops! So, that is how I got Hermana Bryant to write letters
to Kamryn, MaKaul, and Channing! Ha ha! I only had to make a half court
shot, and she gave me 3 chances. The first 2 were so close but just
didn’t drop. Then all the sisters who didn’t go to the beach started
singing.... "Your under pressure..." Well enough said! I threw it up
and Bam! 3 letters got written for me! Such a great relief to not have
to write a few letters for a few more weeks!

   Maybe today I can work my basketball magic and get a few more
letters written! For you guys who would like to receive letters from
me, they will come it’s just that they will be written by a sister missionary!
Ha ha!! No worries! It’s all the same, it’s just written by someone else but still
signed by me, Elder Albertson! ha ha!

   Tuesday, we had zone conference, which was one of the longest meetings of
my life. However, it was also one of the best meetings I’ve attended. You can
 learn so much from what they teach you, and what the spirit brings to you, as you
sit and concentrate on what your investigators might need during this
time of their life.  It is absolutely amazing to see how everything
comes back into play! President Alba is such an inspired man, and is
so great! His assistants are amazing as well! They all receive
revelation for the mission so powerfully, its incredible!

   We also had Car inspections today which means my car got inspected and
I was a little nervous just because you never know how critical they
are going to be during the inspections! Luckily I passed with Flying Colors!
No worries with that!

   Wednesday the rain began! Welcome to Rainville! Holy goodness, I don’t
think I have ever seen it rain like this before! When it flat out,
drenches you in your white shirt and tie in seconds and doesn't stop
for 3 of 4 days! This is ridiculous! It is kinda starting to fulfill
my ideas of what my mission was going to be like when I imagined
Northern California! Missionary work today was kinda fun though! Well,
its fun everyday, but when your battling with the rain things get kinda
interesting! Such as the fact that I found out that my shoes are waterproof,
Which is such a huge blessing!

  Thursday we didn’t have anything to exciting going on, except the fact
that it was still raining cats and dogs! I think, on Thursday, we had to
change our outfits two times throughout the day! Just because we were
completely drenched! Pretty interesting, but let me tell you after a
while you get pretty sick and tired of just being completely drenched!
Yes, I have Rain gear! Thank you Grandma Cheney! However, I have allowed
a missionary in my District to use my rain pants because of the fact that
he is in a bike area, and I figured he is gonna need them more than I am right now!
However, the rain jacket is working miracles, but after so much rain I
don’t think anything is truly waterproof! Ha ha

  Friday was just weekly planning! No worries! That day is always kind of a
blurrr! ha ha!

  Saturday, alright now were talking! Saturday, was probably one of my
most favorite days on the mission so far! Well, at least when it
comes to service! Now you have to remember at this point it is still
raining cats and dogs, and we realized it wasn’t going to quite! So at 9
o'clock Saturday morning we get ready to go help a non member family
move! They got themselves a nice big Uhaul truck and about 8 of us
missionaries were there to start loading it up! So they Backed it up into
the driveway, however, the driveway was at a downward slant... you know
what I mean? So when we open the Uhaul truck door, we suddenly
realized that the rain was blowing directly into the back of the
truck, and was starting to flood at the end of the truck! Well that
was a huge problem, so I immediately grabbed a tarp and climbed to the
roof, had some bricks tossed up to me, then jumped to the truck and
took the tarp with me! Well, long story short I made a nice covering
where I was even able to make the water so that it was  going to drain into
the gutter rather than puddle up there and eventually fall on us! Sure
enough stopped the rain from filling the truck! But now I am
completely drenched! Well to make the story short, by the end of the
day we were all completely drenched. I myself actually moved 2
couches, 2 washers and Dryers, 3 Fridges and a huge entertainment
center! All this with the help of 1 other missionary named Elder Wright! He is
my District Leader! He is From Gilbert Arizona, and is a great
missionary! I didn’t realize how many LDS Members are in Arizona until
I got on my mission!

Well, that’s kinda my week in a blitz! We had a good week, however, we
struggled having to drop a few investigators this week. So we definitely
are going to have to hit the concrete and pound it out! Contacting and
knocking doors! Which will be good for Elder Dunlap to help with his
Spanish but also his contacting!

I love you all so very much, and pray for you all with your success
and also safety! I love you and will definitely start getting some
letters out to you all, if you know what I mean! ha ha!!!

Love you all!
Love, Elder Albertson

No comments:

Post a Comment