Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 17, 2014

Hola Familia/Amigos

Well this week consisted of a lot of fun and great activities. It has been a pretty interesting week, and a lot of things have happened that have been good and not so good. I have had to deal with a lot of drama this past week in the Branch concerning us missionaries! Because no one will man up and talk to us about it before just spreading it across the entire Branch! But hey, it doesn't matter, especially since it’s all nonsense and none of it is true! I am definitely very grateful that I grew up in a bigger city where everyone didn’t know everyone else.

Last Monday I was able to do a lot of missionary work, and get in some good exercise as well as play some good ol’ tennis! It was a ton of fun, and very exhausting. I think it really crushed my dreams of coming back home from the mission and playing any sort of college tennis! I just don't think or feel that my shoulder would be able to hold up, and I don't think I’ll be able to get my shoulder back into the shape that it needs to be! Ha Ha 

Tuesday we had transfers, which was really interesting! I didn't have the chance to be able to travel to Santa Rosa, which was kind of a blessing in disguise because there is so much stuff going on at transfers. I was able to just chill here in Fairfield all day and wait for my new companions to get back from Rosa. Elder Judd and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings! It was super good, and a lot of fun to be able to go back. 

It has been a really good first week of this new transfer as I’m trying to figure out my new companions, and develop a relationship with them! They are great kids, and are definitely here for the right reason! 

Elder Snow is from Layton, Utah! He has a lot of cool interesting stuff to talk about, because he is a direct descendant to Lorenzo Snow! He actually has requested  copies of the Patriarchal Blessing and a few other blessings, that were given to his Antipasado... I don't know how to say it in English! However he is a great guy, and has been on the mission for about 14 months now! 

Elder Medina is my Spanish speaking companion! He is from Chihuahua Mexico, but has pretty much been here in the United State his entire life. I lived in the same apartment with him, when I was serving a year ago in Sonoma. He has been on the mission for the same amount of time as me. He just wasn't able to travel to the Missionary Training Center! 

Thursday we had a lot of fun again. We were able to go to the Evan’s Home and be able to buck some more hay! It was pretty interesting because both of them are allergic to the Hay! ha ha so Brother Evans and I did it all by ourselves with Grandpa Evans driving the pick-up truck.  

Saturday Night was a lot of fun as well! We got invited to the High Priest Group social, and there happened to be an Elvis Presley Impersonator who showed up. It was super fun. We were there for the last hour when the Elvis Presley impersonator performed. It was super funny to watch all these older gentlemen and their wives have such a good time. Super awesome, and don't worry I got a lot of videos and pictures. Already filled my flip drive! I actually already had to buy a new one today. 

Things are going really well here in Rio Vista! Yesterday was Sunday and we were able to set a date for Hawk and Liza to get married on the 15th of December. She will be getting Baptized the 3rd of January! I am so excited for them, and the decision they are taking in their life! 

Love you all so much! So proud of all of you. Thanks for all the support and everything! 

Love, 
Elder Albertson

PS: SHOUT OUT TO LUKE! 

    I wanna send a shout out to my cousin Luke and tell him best of luck in his first state championship game this Friday! Play hard, remember who you are, work hard, remember the name you bare on your back, and remember to give thanks for the opportunity and talents our Heavenly Father has given you! That is something I wish I would have been better at! 

Quotes for Luke! 

"Champions are made from something they have deep inside them... A DESIRE, A DREAM, A VISION" 

"When your Body gets tired, your minds says.." This is where Winners are made"..When your mind gets tired, your heart say.. "This is Where CHAMPIONS ARE MADE"! 

Love you Luke! Play like it’s your Last! 


  


    




No comments:

Post a Comment